Friday, January 6, 2017

Relaxing Rocks


Well this just made my little calligrapher's heart sing. (It's Suzanne here with the singing heart)  Vinyl is amazing.  It holds such fine detail!  Why would I ever try to directly letter on a rock?  Especially one this small.  Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas next year?  You guessed it.  Rocks!

I used Silhouette white vinyl on the Cameo.  I shrunk/shrank/reduced the lettering to between 1 and 2 inches.  I placed a small piece of vinyl on the cutting mat and set the blade depth to 1 (the vinyl setting) and cut. After weeding out the excess vinyl from the negative spaces, I used the Premium Transfer paper to transfer the cut vinyl to the rocks.

Here are the files I used (and wow, you get Italic, Foundational and Modern Pointed Pen):

(links go the Silhouette Online Store)


There are other files I'd like to do, like Serenity, Smile, Welcome Home and more! And I need to design some more!

I tell you, I could go on and on and on.  But I need more rocks..... 
I hope this gives you some ideas for decorating your own rocks.  You know you want to try it.

Thanks for dropping by.  Happy cutting, Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment