Saturday, June 11, 2016

Chalkboard Easel - Fedora - Daddy - You Are The Best

http://quietfiredigital.blogspot.ca/
I was in a mood to make a "Father's Day" card in memory of my dad... and was itching to use these new files from Suzanne. "Chalkboard Easel"; "Fedora" and this one that I altered slightly "Daddy & Me"

This is what the parts look like in the file 

https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/80701I'm also using one of the newest sentiment sets ("I Don't Tell You Often Enough" 5 pce set)  and a design element ("Crackle background") stamp  from Quietfire Design 

Please note: opening the files in the Silhouette Studio software is best. Opening in other software like SCAL or ECAL etc, may change some of the score/cut lines.

I opened the "Chalkboard Easel" SVG file in Sure Cuts A Lot software and yes a score line became a cut line which I had to adjust by welding small rectangles over the cut lines.
Increased the image size of the chalkboard easel to 10.5"h keeping the proportions. Ungrouped the items and moved the square that will become the chalkboard to page 2. Also copied and pasted the chalkboard opening to page 2 - making it a shadow layer increased by 1.5mm border (it will be used on the inside of card). Cut the easel part from a textured beige/light brown toned cardstock.

On page 2, I opened the "Fedora" increasing the file size to 5.1" w, again keeping the proportions. Also opened the "Daddy & Me" file, ungrouping it and deleting the "and" and "me" words. Increased the word "Daddy" to 6.5"w. Cut all from white cardstock. Trimmed down the excess letters from Daddy to leave only "Dad".
The "Dad" word - Inked the "Crackle background" using Versafine "Vintage Sepia", stamped and embossed with Queen's Gold embossing powder. Used Distress stains, swiping the colors randomly ("Shabby Shutters", "Broken China", "Mowed Lawn", & "Crushed Olive")

The Fedora: sponged with a dirty yellow sponge all over, then direct to paper with "Antique Linen". It gave a nice mottled look almost like parchment. The hat details I hit direct to paper with "Frayed Burlap". Adhered to fedora adding the real feather in the band.

The chalkboard square was painted with a dark brown chalkboard paint (something I've had for eons...). Applied 2 thin coats, and dried. Adhered to back of card front. 

Cut the sentiment stamp ("I Don't Tell You Often Enough" 5 pce set) between the word "are" and "the" (you could use a stamp positioner instead...) and placed them on my acrylic block. Inked with Distress Picket Fence, stamped and embossed with detail white embossing powder.

Adhered the "Dad" to the top of the card front. The "Fedora" onto the chalkboard. 
http://quietfiredigital.blogspot.ca/
On the inside: Adhered the white shadow layer onto the card. Put down a piece of Sookwang tape and adhered my Sari ribbon.

On the drop out piece of the chalkboard opening from page 1, inked my sentiment stamps ("I Don't Tell You Often Enough" 5 pce set) with the Picket Fence and embossed with white embossing powder. Sponged the edges using "Shabby Shutters' and then some "Broken China". Adhered to card. 


http://quietfiredigital.blogspot.ca/

1 comment: