Wednesday, August 1, 2018

"Without music..." Treble Clef card

Hello Crafty Friends!

Kathy Jo here doing my first post on Quietfire Digital.  Let me start with some honesty as a newbie to the digital cutting world: I was apprehensive.  I love die cutting and I was not sure if I would like digital cutting.  Would my creations look "flat"?  Would projects look elementary?  But mostly, would I be able to learn how to use my machine?  Well, my reservations were for naught.  It is quite enjoyable, adaptable (I can re-size files to fit my project!), easy to learn, easy to purchase new files and it is inexpensive to buy new files.  The digital cutting results are wonderful. Why didn't I pursue this sooner?!

My project is a combination of the lovely Treble Clef Blank Card digital file and the beautiful Without Music stamp.
Card Instructions:
(Mind you, I created this card as a newbie so I probably did some steps that could have been completed by the machine and not by me.  However inefficient I may have been in the creation of the card, I think the final card results are very pretty...and I enjoyed making it!)

  1. Cut Treble Clef card using black card stock.  Cut front to desired size.  Round corners.  Apply gold marker along edges.
  2. Create top fold card using black card stock.  Round corners.
  3. Cut and mat patterned paper to card base.
  4. Mount black clef background (from Step 1) to card front.
  5. Use black archival ink to stamp quote onto patterned paper.  Cut to size and round corners.  Apply gold marker to edges.  Mount to card front using double side foam tape.
  6. Optional:  Apply Nuvo Crystal Drops (or similar) to flower centers.
  7. Decorate inside of card as desired.
Isn't it just gorgeous?  The Treble Clef Blank Card digital file and the Without Music stamp are a perfect combination!  

You know what?  I am totally digging digital cutting.  :) 

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a happy, crafty day!
Big Hugs,
Kathy Jo

2 comments: