Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Treble Clef card - The Music In My Heart


Yogi here today using one of Suzanne's newest Silhouette files. Suzanne came out with several new stamps as well and a couple of them were music related. Love them, so naturally gravitated to this card. BIG GRIN

I'm using a stencil from Elizabeth Craft Designs "Butterfly Kaleidoscope" also available on Quietfire Design HERE

https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/199117I'm also using a quote stamp from Quietfire Design ("The Music In My Heart...")

And I'm using the Treble Clef card available on the Silhouette OnLine store. Click on image to purchase.

Opened and moved the small squares out of the way and then cut the main card. Note: everything was cut from white cardstock. Folded on the score line. Dry embossed the front using Spellbinders Musical embossing folder, but any musical embossing folder will work. I inked the negative side using Distress "Faded Jeans" then hit here and there with "Blueprint Sketch" and "Wilted Violet. Misted with water, lay down my card on the uninked side (so as not to ruin it if it moved before I closed the folder...)  and ran through my machine.

Moved the card to one edge of my mat so that only the treble clef would be cut. I then surgically cut it away from the window. Inked with Versafine Imperial Purple and embossed using Emerald Creek "Frosted Plum" embossing powder. Adhered to the treble clef on the card.

Cut the squares and inked the edges of the larger one with "Dusty Concord".

Stamped the music quote using the Imperial Purple, and clear embossed. Sponged the edges with the Faded Jeans and the Dusty Concord.

Stenciled the butterflies using a sponge and the Imperial Purple, clear embossed.

Adhered a piece of white pearlized vellum to the inside of the front behind the treble clef.

Adhered the purple ribbon and the beaded ribbon, then adhered the flower. See below for instructions.


Die cut, punch or use your electronic cutter to cut a circle. Mine is 1.5" dia.


Use a decorative edged scissor around the edge of the circle. I used "The Creative Memories Collection".

Cut the circle into pie shapes. I score with my x-acto blade to keep the circle still in one piece until later.
   
Using a fine tipped balled stylus, score two vein lines in each pie piece. Use "Spun Sugar" direct to paper lightly to give a hint of color.

Cut trough the pie pieces and sponge the edges with "Picked Raspberry.

Tool the backside of each petal with a large balled stylus, then pinch the point to create a little foot.

Punch a 1/2" circle. Apply a good glob of glue all over the small circle and then start pressing the feet into the glue. Allow to dry. You can leave it as a one layer flower or like I did and repeat making another layer of petals and adhering between each petal. When dry. Add another glob of glue and sprinkle with Prills, or mini holeless beads etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment