Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Periodic Table Genius Scrapbook Layout

Hello, Connie Nichol here with a bright and colourful scrapbook layout featuring Suzanne Cannon's Genius digital cutting file and a Quietfire Design stamp.  And yes, those are actual pea seeds.

connie nichol, silhouette cameo, genius periodic table

I seem to be a on a roll with only using cardstock while eschewing patterned paper, but cardstock is so easy and it comes in such beautiful colours.  I always take design and colour inspiration from my photographs and this layout is no exception.  I adore periodic table stuff (some of you might know I'm kind of a chemistry geek), so when I saw this photo of my youngest son with one of his school projects, it was a natural fit with the genius cut file.  Even though he might not be a genius. ;-)   The cut file is available in the Silhouette store here, and of course you can cut it in any size or colour that you want.  That's the beauty of digital cutting files.
That's germanium, nickel, uranium and sulphur for you non-chemistry geeks that might be interested.  I cut wedges of different colours of cardstock to mimic Marty's school project and embellished them with arrows and leftover pea seeds.  In the center of the circle, I stamped using the Flourish and Grow Quietfire Design stamp - a perfect sentiment for a growing boy learning about growing seeds.


I wanted to add a single dimensional star, so I masked off the little stars on the Quietfire Design Star Spray stencil with washi tape and applied a little texuture paste that had been tinted with ink.  Stencils are so versatile.


Have fun with the geniuses in your life and happy scrapbooking!

Supplies:  Close to my Heart cardstock, Sizzix arrow die, Quietfire Designs stencil, stamp, digital cutting file, Silhouette Cameo, Beacon Adhesive, Clearsnap ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment