Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Spring Scrapbook Layout with Tulip Monogram Font

Hello, Connie Nichol here today with a layout inspired by tulips!  Suzanne Cannon created a tulip monogram font and  I thought it would make the perfect title for this scrapbook page.  The font is available in the Silhouette Design Store and you can use some punctuation to access the extra elements (tulip buds and leaves).


I just printed out the title with black ink using onto white cardstock using a cheapo inkjet printer and coloured in the tulips with markers.



I used a couple of Quietfire Design stamps as embellishments.  Alternatively, if you wanted extra tulips of different sizes, you could print some out using the period, comma, back slash and question mark of the Tulip Monogram font, then just cut and colour.



Once all the elements were in place I added a bit of machine stitching and a few sequins.  I ended up putting the journaling on the back of the layout.  This photo is from five years ago when I was in the Skagit Valley of Washington State during tulip festival season.  What a beautiful part of the world to visit and a memory I cherish deeply.  Happy spring to you all, Connie

Supplies Used:  QFD Tulip Monogram Font, Quietfire Design stamps, Versafine ink, Tombow markers, Beacon adhesive, Brother sewing machine, dollar store sequins.




No comments:

Post a Comment