Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Christmas in July - Cardinal Christmas Cards

Hello, Connie Nichol here with a couple of Christmas cards I created with Suzanne Cannon's Cardinal Christmas cut file available in the Silhouette Design Store.   There's nothing like making Christmas cards in the middle of summer - it's actually pretty fun!

The cut file is so beautiful it doesn't need a lot of embellishments and is very quick to cut and create.  Try cutting the bird and the backgrounds out of different colours of cardstock.  I made 6 x 6" cards, but the cardinal also fits on a 5 x 7 card base.  This yellow bird reminds me of a goldfinch and it makes a nice change from traditional Christmas colours.  I added 'berries' with Ranger Enamel Accents, but you could glue on a few beads or embellish the branches with a little bit of glitter glue.


Here's the Christmas Cardinal cut out of more traditional colours.  He is very striking.  I am not sure which bird I like best.  Do you have a favourite?, I am going to remember this cut file for when I need a beautiful bird to accent a scrapbook layout.  It would make an awesome blue bird!  Have a great July, Connie





1 comment:

  1. Two terrific cards! I think it is impossible to choose a favourite - they are both great. Like the enamal accents.

    ReplyDelete