Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Treble Clef Card with Music Quotes

Hello, Connie Nichol here with a couple of quick cards featuring the Treble Clef blank card electronic cutting file available here in the Silhoutte Design Store.  This cut file is just the perfect accompaniment to many of the Quietfire Design quote stamps regarding music.


I cut the file out of patterned cardstock and added the stamped quote, some faux stitching and a piece of ribbon. Very simple and quick.   I do like cutting cards out of cardstock that is already patterned - it gives me an interesting background without any work.  I picked this particular piece of cardstock from Momenta because it had a collage look with some musical notes embedded in it, perfect for a treble clef card.   The stamp is a new release from Quietfire Design.  It's such a great quote and there are several music related quotes available from Quietfire Design.  Be sure to check them out.

quietfire design

For another example, here's another Quietfire music quote on a Treble Clef card cut out of another piece of Momenta patterned cardstock.  I tucked a little piece of old sheet music under the stamped quote, but I don't think you need much embellishment - my eye is drawn right to the cut out treble clef.  I've backed mine with a piece of black cardstock to add emphasis, but you can see from this example from the Silhouette store that you could simply leave it open as well.  Thanks for stopping by and happy card making!


No comments:

Post a Comment