Thursday, July 23, 2020

Quietfire Summer Blog Hop - Day 5!

 

Welcome to Day 5 of the Quietfire Summer Blog Hop! It’s Kim here today!



Each day we will be sharing a project or two to inspire your summer creativity.  We also have prizes!  


There will be 2 prizes awarded, valued at $50 each and are a combination of Dies, Stamps and Digital files.  (Suzanne will have a look at the interests of the winners to decide what to give away! If you’re not a digital person, you won’t want those files!) To be eligible to win, you must leave a sweet comment on each Blog Hop blog post!  Visit Quietfire Creations and Quietfire Digital blogs to enter.

 

Here is the list of posts that you will need to comment on:


Monday: Suzanne on Quietfire Creations, 

Tuesday: Katelyn on Quietfire Creations, Robyn on Quietfire Digital

Wednesday: Betsy on Quietfire Creations, Connie on Quietfire Digital

Thursday: Kora on Quietfire Digital

Friday: Diana on Quietfire Creations, Kim on Quietfire Digital (you are here!)


Deadline for commenting is midnight Saturday, July 25, 2020

Winners will be announced on Sunday, July 26th.

Good luck!

 

Here is my project:


Have you seen all of the Stencil Cards that Suzanne has designed? I loved them at first sight, but knew I would deconstruct the parts to add my own twist to the design! I wanted to create a stencil from TCW Stencil Sheets.



I have been a long time Cricut user and did my cuts using the Cricut Maker. I uploaded the card file to my Design Space.


I hid the card base, I only wanted to cut the fern and sentiment. I also brought in a circle from the basic shape files included with my Design Space.



I detached the sentiment from the card, so they could be cut separately. I cut the fern and circle from the Stencil Sheets. From each pattern I got a stencil and a mask! The sentiment was cut from a sturdy white card stock.



Using the Fern stencil, I added a layer of embossing ink then embossed using QFD Acanthus Teal Modern Gilding Powder. I went in a second time with an embossing pen to select areas, to add  a second layer of gilding powder to give some added depth.


Using the circle stencil and Distress Oxide Inks I coloured where I wanted to place the sentiment. I also used the fern stencil a second time to add soft colour coming in from the edges of my card.


As a last afterthought, I splattered some Oxide spray over the card. The fern mask came in handy to keep the splatter off the embossed fern!



Thanks for checking in to my project! Can’t wait to see who the winners are!


Supplies:


Quietfire Design's Fern Stencil Card

Quietfire Design's Acanthus Teal Modern Gilding Powder


Cricut Maker

Creative Scrapbooker Magazine's Superstock

Distress Oxide Inks and Spray

Ranger Archival Embossing Ink

TCW Stencil Sheet

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L adhesive runner & foam squares



30 comments:

  1. I love the way you made a stencil with the fern and circle. Thanks for the step by step directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, I can see how useful these digital files can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about digital files, but this is a lovely stencil technique. I love how you used embossing powder - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stencils and embossing...two of my favourite things!

      Delete
  4. I don't know anything about digital files, but this is a lovely stencil technique. I love how you used embossing powder - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! The second layer of embossing does make it look very three dimensional. Splattering is also pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I splatter everything! LOL 😂

      Delete
  6. So lovely and
    great ways to
    use the stencils!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is fantastic, great images and the gold spatters add a touch of glam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the layers of texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the foliage. The texture. I am not familiar with digital. I don't have a cricut either. But I have embossing powder! Thank you for this inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the Quietfire Design Gilding Powders if you haven’t already, the colours are gorgeous!

      Delete
  10. Oh that's so pretty! Love the fern and how you have also used it on the background. Love the oxide spray splatters! Just love the colours.
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunshine! Splatters make everything better! LOL!

      Delete
  11. I’ve never used an electronic cutter but your results are inspiring. I love the idea of making custom stencils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I love about custom stencils is that I can control the size.

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful card and I appreciate the use of different products to create/color the card. The colors work well together. I have quite a collection of stencils and I utilize them to make many different products, so to make your own is a definite plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a weakness for stencils, they are so versatile!

      Delete
  13. Love the simplicity of this card...elegant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norma, I was really pleased with the final results!

      Delete
  14. I really like the texture of the green leaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QFD Gilding Powders make yummy texture for sure!

      Delete
  15. really like the instructions for creating this crd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, glad they were easy to follow.

      Delete