Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Smile!

**We'd like to welcome Kora to the Quietfire Design Team and will let her introduce herself.  We love what she does with Quietfire Digital Designs!  You can follow Kora on Instagram! and she regularly posts things on the Suzanne Cannon Fan Group!  Welcome Kora, it's wonderful to have you with us!!**

Hi all and hello from Austria. Kora here. I´m new to the design crew. I have been crafting for as long as I can remember and I have always loved paper. I am all into cards, little favour & gift boxes as well as stamping and quilling. Suzanne demonstrated the masking technique on „Letters Live“ the other day and while following the video an idea popped into my mind: Try this technique on a T-Shirt! And so I did. I became an aunt in October and the little lad makes me smile whenever I see him – so I decided on putting the word „SMILE“ on a shirt for him. The word smile was taken from the SMILE FLORAL STEP CARD – CALLIGRAPHY“. 



Just enlarge it to the desired size. I used white heavy cardstock. When cut fully, take the lettering off the cutting mat and put it onto the shirt. To ensure the lettering stays in place I used some „spray glue“. Put some newspaper between the front and back of the shirt to prevent the ink going to the back of the shirt.
Now it´s time to put on the fabric dye. Sponge the colour onto the shirt until the whole word is coverd with colour.


When finished, carefully remove the lettering. 

Taataa!! Now you have your very own personalized shirt. I hope you enjoyed the project. Thanks for stopping by.




4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team, Kora! So happy you are part of the crew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful to see that you've joined the DT, Kora! Congratulations on your first post! What a fun project, and a great idea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of the digital cut as a mask for the tee design! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete