Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Pansy Cards

Hello, Connie Nichol here with two cards featuring the pansy cut file available here in the Silhouette Design store.  I love pansies.  They are so cheerful and one of the first flowers I see for sale in local greenhouses in the springtime.  Because they tolerate some frost, I can plant some pansies in the front of my house long before I would dream of planting any other flowers.

I created the card just as it came on the cut file, but you could certainly think about just cutting out the pansies and using them to adorn just about anything.    (Hmmm, I just inspired myself to create a scrapbook layout with a bunch of pansies.  Stay tuned.....)


I started with purple cardstock and a yellow pansy, and then flipped the colours around to see how that worked.  I think I prefer the purple, but the yellow is nice too.  And that's the beauty of electronic cut files - trying different colours and sizes.  Next time I will try a white pansy with a purple face, a yellow pansy with a black face and a blue pansy with a white face and they will all be beautiful.  Just add a Quietfire Design stamp and you are good to go.


I feel fortunate I was able to make these cards at all since I had a 'helper'.  My cat Charlie was quite interested in the movement of the electronic cutter and also wanted to help glue.  Sigh.  

I'm hoping spring comes soon so I can go buy some real pansies.  Their little faces just make me happy.  Happy paper crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment