Friday, November 25, 2016

Merry Christmas Card Project and Silhouette Sale!

 
Here is a little Merry Christmas digital die cut that I've had hanging around for awhile.  I finally made it into a card! I wanted to finish it so I could show you this easy project and share information about the big Silhouette Sale.  Not only are the machines on sale, but so are all the designs in the Design Store!  That means all of my designs - over 500 of them! - are on sale.
 
 
 
So once you have your machine and this cutting file, here is one way you can use it!  Vinyl is perfect for preserving those fine hairlines.  It's amazing!
 


Supplies:
 

Instructions:

  1. Form a 7 x 4.5” tent fold card from cardstock.  Cut a 6 x 3.5” panel from the same cardstock.
  2. Cut two 6.25 x3.75” panels from gold vinyl.
  3. Cut Merry Christmas from gold vinyl: Place one piece of vinyl on the cutting mat and cut Merry Christmas - I used cutting depth 1.  Carefully “weed” out the counterspaces and excess vinyl.  Keep track of the dot on the “i”!  Cut a piece of transfer paper large enough to cover the design. Remove its release paper and place it on the vinyl Merry Christmas and rub.
  4. Lift the Merry Christmas from it’s backing and transfer to the cardstock panel.  Rub lettering onto the cardstock and carefully peel off the transfer paper.  Voila!
  5. Use double sided adhesive to assemble the card as shown!  
 
Now, I'm going to make a few more of these!  I hope this gives you some ideas for making your own cards.
Happy creating! Suzanne




No comments:

Post a Comment